# Health Tip 9 of 30 # – Diet and Hairfall
# Health Tip 9 of 30 #
Diet and Hairfall
Hairfall and Thinning of hair is quite a common problem for women whereas in males it is due to a particular Androgen or male pattern baldness.
However its quite demoralising for male and female to lose hair.
Reasons of Hairfall could be as Simple as
* Nutritional deficiencies
* Hormonal changes during Pregnancy and Menopause.
* Emotional stress.
Or in a different situation wherein Hairfall is only at particular area on scalp or beard or eyebrows, etc also called Alopaecia Areata
Other causes like
– Dramatic weight lose
-Too many Hair treatments
– Use ofAnti- depressants
Diet for Hairfall
* Green tea contains antioxidants which prevent hair loss and boost hair growth.
* Intake of Protein i.e Milk, Egg whites, Pulses, Fish,etc
*Omega 3 rich diet
Flaxseeds, walnut, fish like salmon, mackerel
* Foods rich in Iron, Folic acid, Vit B12, Vit C like green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits.
* Dates, Almonds, Nachni , soya.
* Take any natural oil – olive, coconut, almond – add a few drops of Lavender or Rosemary or Thyme essential oil to it, and massage gently into your scalp. Put on a shower cap and leave it on for an hour, then shampoo your hair.
Avoid over treating your hair with various hair treatments like Straightening, colouring, use of hair dryers, hair gels, sprays, etc.